Applying for the ESDE Minimally Invasive Esophagectomy fellowship
Applying for the Minimally Invasive Esophagectomy (MIE) fellowship
The Minimally Invasive Esophagectomy (MIE) Fellowship is for European surgical fellows planning a career in Esophagogastric surgery and seeking additional training in the with a mentor. Applicants should be supported by their home institute and willing to travel to the MIE expert center to follow the MIE fellowship. They should confirm their intention to return to their home country after completion of their fellowship.
- Applicants should have experience with minimally invasive surgery and esophageal surgery.
- Applicants should be willing to be involved in research and preferably write one scientific paper during the fellowship
- The applicant and the home sponsor must be members of the ESDE at the time of the application. An applicant may apply for ESDE membership at the time of the application, but the home sponsor must have been an active ESDE member for one year immediately prior to the application.
The application should include:
- A covering letter
- The applicant’s curriculum vitae with photograph.
- Letter of reference from the applicant’s home institution
The application pack to be sent to:
Professor. Richard van Hillegersberg, Chair of the ESDE educational committee
Email ID -R. vanHillegersberg@umcutrecht.nl
Professor of Surgery, Head Department of Gastrointestinal Surgical Oncology,G04.228 |University Medical Center Utrecht| Heidelberglaan 100, 3584 CXUtrecht,The Netherlands
Telephone:+31 (0)88-7558074 Fax: +31 (0)30-2541944